Student assistant position: Python developer in the LASS KG project
We are searching for a student assistant to help us develop Knowledge Graph-driven Semantic Search applications.
Tasks and Insights
LASS KG is a project on Language Agnostic Semantic Search driven by Knowledge Graphs.
The project aims at developing efficient and language-agnostic methods for semantic search over knowledge graphs.
LASS KG is running together with the Springer Nature company (subsidiary of Holtzbrinck), which provides the project team with real-world use cases and data.
In particular, our research and development is focused on the following two products:
The applicants will have to support the project with the development of a novel multilingual search engine for the aforementioned products.
- Students in Bachelor and Master can apply.
- Fluency with Python and its basic Data Science stack: Pandas, Numpy, Sklearn, Matplotlib
- Understanding of the Web technology stack: HTTP Requests, RESTful APIs
- Understanding of the Semantic Web stack: RDF, SPARQL
- Basic knowledge of Shell scripting (e.g., ssh connection to a server)
- Basic understanding of CI/CD: Docker, GitHub Actions, Gitlab CI
- Work contracts up to 10 hours per week.
- The experience to work on real-world industry projects.
- An experienced development team.
- An air-conditioned workplace ❄
- A working culture which is open to new ideas 💡 and interested in discussing solutions.
- Bachelor and Master thesis topics can be defined related to one of these platforms.
For further information, please, contact Aleksandr Perevalov via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
For applications, please, follow the workflow described on the vacancies page.