My overall background is on CS, but the majority of my career I have spent on NLP. Thus, I have worked on different NLP tasks ranging from basic research in computational linguistics to Entity Linking, Machine Translation, Natural Language Generation, and Question Answering. My work resulted in the first neural machine translation model augmented with knowledge graphs and one state-of-the-art framework in respect of multilingualism and knowledge-graph-based algorithms. Additionally, I contribute actively to the scientific community, being responsible for the Portuguese chapter of DBpedia as well as mentoring students at the Google Summer of Code. I am currently a senior NLP research scientist, leading the NLP team, in the DICE research group at Paderborn University. Previously, I was a researcher at AKSW (Leipzig, DE), working on Information Retrieval and NLP. I hold an MSc. and a Ph.D.
Speaking hours: Write an e-mail to make an appointment before coming to the office. Otherwise, it is possible that I either won't have time for you or that I am not in the office (even throughout the speaking hours).
Member and Reviewer at:
- International Conference on Knowledge Capture (KCAP) 2017, 2019
- Conference on Empirical Methods in Natural Language Processing (EMNLP) 2019
- Conference of the North American Chapter of the Association for Computational Linguistics (NAACL) 2019
- Annual Meeting of the Association for Computational Linguistics (ACL) 2018, 2019, 2020
- International Conference on Natural Language Generation (INLG) 2018, 2019
- International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING) 2016
- Extended Semantic Web Conference (ESWC) 2016, 2020
- Journal of Web Semantics
- Semantic Web Journal
- Journal on Semantic Web and Information Systems.
- Artificial Intelligence Review